When using wall-mounted welly rack storage, there are several important do’s and don’ts to keep in mind to ensure safety, organisation, and proper maintenance. Here are five do’s and five don’ts:
1.Secure Properly: Ensure that the wall-mounted welly rack storage unit is securely and correctly installed on a sturdy wall. Use appropriate wall anchors to prevent accidents. Use a spirit level to put it up. Having a wonky hung welly rack won’t be a good look.
2. Hang Boots Upside Down: When placing boots on the rack, hang them upside down with the open end facing downward. This allows moisture to drain out and promotes better drying, reducing the risk of mould and odours.
3.Keep Boots Clean: Wipe down your wellington boots before hanging them on the rack to prevent dirt and mud from accumulating on the rack and the surrounding area. When required wipe your wall mounted welly rack clean of any mud.
4. Toddler & small Child boots: Can either be stored on the shelf or 1 pair to a boot slot. A Chester & Cooke Welly rack storage unit can be personalised too, like the rack below. You can purchase yours HERE.
5. Hang your Boot Jack on the hook: keep your Boot Jack hung on the utility hook to remind you to take your boots off correctly, this will help you to preserve your welly boots and to prevent any damage to them.
You can purchase Boot Jacks HERE
Don’ts: When using wall mounted welly rack storage units
1.Overload the Rack: Avoid overloading the rack with too many pairs of boots. Exceeding its weight capacity can damage the rack or cause it to become unstable.
2.Hang Wet Boots Indefinitely: While hanging wet boots on the rack is fine for short-term drying, don’t leave them there for extended periods. Wet boots can drip and cause moisture build up on the wall, potentially leading to damage or mold growth. If you constantly have wet wellies each day give them a quick wipe over with a cloth before hanging them up. This will take off most of the moisture and they will dry far quicker. If you use your wellies in the sea, salt water remember to always was them off. salt water can quickly cause your wellies to deteriorate and have horrible white salt stains.
3.Use for Non-Boot Items: Don’t use the rack for items other than hanging your boots. Hanging heavy or inappropriate objects on the rack can compromise its stability and cause damage to the rack.
4. Ignore Wall Material: Consider the type of wall material before installation. Don’t hang your wall mounted welly rack on a wall that is not designed to hold the weight. Wherever you decide to hang your welly rack, whether in a shed , or your house check what your walls are made from, and that they will be strong enough to hold the weight of your welly rack with it all your wellies hanging on them. Ensure the wall is strong and you use the appropriate wall plugs and screws. These are supplied with a Chester & Cooke welly rack.
5. Neglect Cleaning: Regularly clean the rack itself, as dirt and dust can accumulate on the hooks or shelves over time. Neglecting cleaning can diminish its appearance and functionality.
By following these do’s and don’ts, you can maximise the benefits of your wall-mounted welly rack storage while ensuring the safety and longevity of both the rack and your wellington boots.
You can shop Chester & Cooke’s welly Racks and country living products HERE.