A Chester & Cooke, we have always cared deeply about our environment as a result we continuously strive to lessen any negative impact we have my have while producing our products.
We recognise that their work has an environmental impact resulting from resource consumption, transport, purchasing and waste production. As a consequence of this, we are committed to continuous improvements in environmental performance and are currently working towards implementing a formal Environmental Management System for environmental good practice.
Our main aims are:
- To meet and, where practical, exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- To prevent pollution and minimise any adverse environmental effects caused as a result of our activities or products.
- To promote environmental awareness throughout the organisation and provide training to ensure that all staff understand their environmental responsibility.
- To manage our waste sustainably and recognise our responsibility to recycle wherever possible.
- To use resources efficiently in all our activities.
We are currently working towards the following specific objectives:
- Achieve a measurable increase in recycled waste;
- Educate our clients in respect of our environmental policy and objectives;
- Develop an internal environmental implementation plan.
- Working on a tree planting scheme to offset carbon.
This policy reflects the aims of top management and is communicated to all employees, & suppliers – the undersigned holds overall responsibility for environmental issues but all of our staff are responsible for the implementation of this policy by the way that they carry out their day-to-day activities.
Chester & Cooke undertakes to review this policy on a regular basis, it will be monitored, and, if necessary, revised in the light of new knowledge, legislative or organisational changes and will be updated annually to ensure that it continues to reflect our aims and ensure that our objectives are achieved.
Ethical Trading Policy Statement
Chester & Cooke believes strongly in Ethical working and trading. This policy serves to confirm our commitment to progress the provision of safe working conditions and the protections of workers’ rights across our supply chain.
The statement is defined by the principles of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI) Base Code which reflects the international standards set out in International Labour Organisation (ILO) Conventions.
We expect all our suppliers to observe and abide by the Base Code’s provisions, applicable international and national laws and to demonstrate a similar commitment to ensuring and, where necessary, improving, ethical and environmental practices.
In line with the ETI Base Code, we are committed to protect the rights of employees over the following areas:
- Employment is free chosen;
- Freedom of association & the right to collective bargaining are respected;
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic;
- Child labour shall not be used;
- Living wages are paid;
- Working hours are not excessive;
- No discrimination is practised;
- Regular employment is provided;
- No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed.
Strong, healthy and fair supplier relationships are a key for Chester & Cooke, and as such we work with suppliers that are open and transparent about their activities, show willingness in implementing corrective actions to demonstrate progress and those that raise standards at their sites.